amie logo

Admission & Study Material for AMIE exams

An Initiative by AMIE(I) Study Circle, Roorkee


AMIE: How to Change....


Back to AMIE Guide

Changing Name

There is no provision for change or correction in name once the candidate is enrolled with the Institution. The candidate is expected to inform about the discrepancy in this name within 30 days of the receipt of his election letter.


Changing Optional Subject/Branch

It is for those students who need not appear in section A due to exemption due to qualification (such as Diploma from Sant Longowal Institute etc.). Not for you if you appeared and passed sec A.

Form for Change of optional subject/branch for AMIE exams


two year extension not any more

No two year extension. You should go for AMIE re-registration. All passed subjects will be cancelled. There is no other way. You have to send (i) reregistration form with requisite fee (ii) registration for section B form with requisite fee (if passed section A) (iii) change of address form (if your recorded address has been changed) with requisite fee. If your membership is very very old then you may have to apply for both, reregistration and premature reregistration. Download AMIE re-registration form


Changing membership from T to ST

Many times students studying in Diploma also start doing AMIE on the basis of 10+2 qualification. In that case they have to pass nine subjects in Section A. If they do not clear all these papers and want to change their technician membership to Senior Technician Membership after passing Diploma - it can be done.

Visit this page to know about changing AMIE membership


Changing AMIE Exam Centre

You should send an application to Director (Examinations), The Institution of Engineers(India), 8, Gokhale Road, Kolkata 700020 W.B. mentioning your membership number and DD number of fee (if possible) stating the reason for change of exam centre and eclose proof. It is upto him to change the exam centre.

Contact for Change of Examination Centre:


Change of Address

Just fill a form for change of address/AMIE identity card and send it to Kolkata with original identity card (keep Xerox). Fee is Rs. 150/- (By DD)/ US $ 15 (for other countries).


Change of Language

Contact for Change of Language

Contact Us
Subscribe for Alerts
AMIE Guide
AMIE in Hindi
Facebook  Youtube  Twitter

Website author: S. K. Jain

 A Jain-Siddiquie Enterprise